This has ended. Click Here to see more upcoming events from KIPP WAYS!
KIPP WAYS Campus is looking to recruit a mentor who is caring, responsible and will serve as a trusted friend and guide to a student from grades 3-8. The ideal mentor will help to ensure that the scholar develops important academic and life skills, is exposed to new opportunities and a wide array of resources and makes positive life choices.
- Every volunteer mentor must:
- Be able to commit to spending at least one year developing a mentor relationship with at least one student
- In addition to the required on-site mentor sessions, mentors must spend an additional five-eight hours a month engaged in a mutually approved off site activity with their mentee. This activity can take place during the school day, after school or on the weekend.
- Communicate with their mentee weekly in lieu of any absence —by telephone or email—to keep in touch about what is going on in their lives.
- Honor all commitments made to the mentee and the school
- Additionally, the mentor must serve as a volunteer at 3 of the school's family engagement events throughout the school year in order to properly immerse themselves in the school's culture
Organizer will approve registrants
3 Positions Filled | 50 Impacts | 215 Hours